My kids have stopped eating bananas so that I will have overripe ingredients for this delicious banana bread. It works well with any kind of banana, but it’s an especially good use for overripe bananas that will otherwise end up in the garbage.
½ cup shortening (the Crisco baking sticks are so easy to use!)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 ½ cups of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
3 small or 2 large bananas
- Preheat oven to 325
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Combine salt, baking soda, and flour in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together sugar, shortening and vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add bananas, mixing well until smooth.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan, distributing evenly.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick placed in center comes out clean.